Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh wellie, oh wellie

After all the talk about spring's arrival, it was raining and snowing today. Oh well(ie). I made an early morning errand and realized that despite what outside looked like I was determined to 'lighten up'. I opted out of wearing an outer jacket and wore a structured velvet blazer, a wool cotton blend v-neck and corduroys. This should keep me semi- warm.







My attire was planned around my wellies (Wellington boots/rain boots) that Mr. Husband got for my birthday back in 2005. While, I am in no way a dog lover, I adore my navy hunter dog wellies.

Style note

The Wellington boot, also known as a wellie, a topboot, a gumboot, or a rainboot is a type of boot based upon Hessian boots. It was worn and popularised by the 1st Duke of Wellington and fashionable among the British aristocracy in the early 19th century.

Be good, do better, look your best
Tammyanka

No comments: