Friday, June 12, 2009

A night @ the museum....No. Not the movie.

Last night I had a date with myself to the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston. My trip was part recreation and part research. As part of my job ' coordinating a network of park and green space advocates throughout Boston' , I am planning a workshop on graffiti and vandalism in urban parks. Coincidentally the infamous Shepard Fairey has his exhibition on show and multiple cases pending with the Boston Police Department on charges of vandalism. His art. Their dilemma.
I went to see what all the fuss was about. Shepard is the guy who did the popular Obama collage. See: ICA Home | Shepard Fairey: Supply & Demand

No photos were allowed in the gallery so I only snapped the sign :)

I decided to take the public transportation so I could read a chapter or  two of the very funny Holy Cow, but the rain came and soaked me on the 5 minute walk to the T( train ) stop. We island girls love the New England weather .......(can you smell the sarcasm?)

be good. do better. look your best.
Tammyanka




No comments: