Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sprung!

Today was a regular old day taking on Social Capital and Income Inequality (who you know and how much you earn) and Eco-Tourism..again.

My economics professor stirred much controversy this morning with his less than popular view on the irrelevance of sustainability. His argument is that the earth and humans will self regulate or perish. Stop worrying about the unpredictable future he warns. According to him, nothing lasts forever so enjoy it while you can. 

While I am not quick to agree with his entire argument, I find some truth in it. Until, I am fully convinced either way, I'll enjoy my paradox lifestyle of preaching biodiversity conservation and consuming dozens of cotton and silk dresses, like the one below.  I'll buy them used when I can, air dry them to save electricity etc.... at least I am aware of my dilemma. What's yours?





Cotton eyelet dress - Roxy
Silk scarf - Longchamps (thrifted)
Denim jacket - Guess
Bamboo and Straw bangles - gifts
Purple flats - not shown( Nine west)

be good. do better. look your best.
T

1 comment:

Rocketgurl said...

The dress is just so cute! Go on, girl!!